Sunday, March 26, 2017

February and March Marches On

Hello good people!

Sorry it has been forever since I blogged. Glenn and I have both been unusually hard at work, Glenn doing multiple jobs as he slowly transitions to his new role as VP of Business Planning and Operations, and me doing multiple jobs as I've been helping out with Account Management at work until our new Account Manager starts.

Glenn has been gone for a full week, and last week was traveling as well. We really haven't been going on many noteworthy adventures, and have mostly been spending the weekends running errands, walking the dog and watching television.

So anyway, I'll try to quickly get everyone caught up.

Jumping back to February, I got my hair cut. (I know, exciting times).


For Valentine's Day, Glenn made me an amazing dinner, and had one of his morning sunrise photos made into a triptych for our dining room wall.



More recently, Glenn submitted that same photo to the local news and was featured one morning. They even spelled his name right and everything.


I took a sunrise pic on my walk the other morning, which was not as exciting, but you get to see it anyway.


Glenn didn't get a lot from me besides a card for Valentine's Day, because, you know, he's getting a Camaro.


He ordered it special (the color is Artic Blue), and he should be getting it in about 5 more weeks.

Feel free to talk to him all about it.

So anyway, those are the highlights of February.

In March, our friends Mark and Cathy came down for an evening and had a nice dinner with us, which was fun. Sadly, we didn't think to take any pics.

Last weekend, our friends Matty and Julie came down and spent the weekend with us. We took them to Weeki Watchee to kayak and see the manatees, which worked out really well. It ended up being a beautiful day on the water. (some of the following pics Julie took)

Here we go. Glenn and I got a two-person kayak.
These are strangers, but Glenn liked the expression on this girl's face.


Matty and manatee. It's just amazing how clear the water is here.



Julie getting some pics. She had never seen a manatee before.


Get ready for some group selfies! These are trickier on kayaks.






Anyway, you get the idea.

Otherwise, as I said, things have good, but relatively unexciting.

Deuce was made supervisor at work, but is not doing a great job.



A red-winged blackbird has come and hung out on my windowsill at work for 4 or 5 days in a row. We've named him Jim.


(Don't ask why I also have a walking T-Rex on my windowsill.)

I have planted a new herb garden that is so far doing well. I am an eternal optimist.


And, in other botanical news, our orchids are all starting to bloom.


Even Horatio, an orchid that had been thrown off a bridge in Del Ray Beach several years ago. He has never bloomed for us before, but is thinking about it now. Stay tuned.


So that's it, folks! We had some close encounters with a bald eagle, but were unable to capture a photo.

Hope you are all doing well and that winter is rolling into a pleasant Spring for you guys. Should be sunny and in the mid-80s all week here, so yay for that. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment