Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Waterspout!!!

So hey, my boss is telling me that Pittsburgh is getting some crazy weather today - sounds like a lot of rain and flooding. Yikes! Hope you all stay safe.

It is sunny and beautiful here, but I forgot to tell you folks about some exciting weather we had on Monday. It actually made the national news...I saw it on "Good Morning America".

Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring you the Tampa waterspout.


This puppy developed over the bay and surprisingly came inland. No major damage, but lots of shingles blown off roofs, etc.

This happened in the next county over (we're in Hillsboro, this occurred in Pinellas) - around the Oldsmar / Safety Harbor area - a very nice neighborhood we've visited.

Glenn's boss said she and her husband pulled off the road to watch it...it hovered around for a long time.


I stole these pictures off the web. Pretty amazing pics though...

Anyway, just thought I'd share.


Dangerous yet beautiful. Atta way, Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment